Criticism: The campaign may make members of the association feel good about themselves, but I doubt the campaign will have much impact on editors already pressed for time.
- Many buildings do not have architects.
- For many buildings, the names of the architects is lost or would require extensive research.
- Other buildings have been remodeled and enlarged; is the editor to list them all?
- The developer, builder, engineer, and others contributed to the vision for the building. Shouldn't they be credited too.
- Photos of buildings are printed for all sorts of reasons not related to the architecture, making the name of the architect irrelevant to the article. And,
|Even if the architect is found to be not liable for the collapse of this balcony in Berkeley, would the firm want's its name here?|