Michael Chusid, RA, FCSI, CCS, SCIP and Vivian E. Volz, RA, CSI, CCS, LEED AP will explain how g
uide specifications make it easier for architects and engineers to write your product into their projects. A well-written guide spec also helps educate specifiers about your product, so they can write more accurate and better coordinated project manuals. This course will be led by two experienced specifiers with expertise in guide specifications and building product marketing. They will explain how to apply CSI principles to guide specs, integrate them into your marketing efforts, and train your reps to use them as a sales tool. You will learn how guide specs can help reduce the risks of product liability and substitution abuse. The course will also help you prepare for the CDT and CCPR exams.
Date: September 8, 2011
Time: 2pm EST
- Understand guide specifications and how to use them to communicate with specifiers.
- Be able to apply CSI formats and principles to the special requirements of guide specs.
- Know how to use guide specs to provide "point-of-specification" assistance to specifiers.
- Use guide specifications to reduce product liability, construction claims, and substitutions.
- Train your sales team to use guide specifications as a valuable sales tools.
Credit: 0.1 CSI CEUs, 1.0 AIA LUs